Amassing recipe cards traditionally started with the bridal shower, when guests were asked to share their favorite recipes with the nearlyweds.
Wedding Registry: 11 Essentials for Coffee-Lovers
Building a wedding registry can be a bit overwhelming, especially if you're unsure of where to start. Some advice? Pick a theme that focuses on something you both enjoy like cooking, travel, or in this case, coffee. In true caffine-craving fashion, we've put together a list of some seriously stylish coffee accessories, which lend themselves well to the themed registry. With the perfect blend of function and beauty, these eleven items prove your registry can be sophisticated even without the fine china.
1. Dapper coffee dripper (above). Stylishly prepare your morning joe with this easy-on-the-eyes brass coffee dripper. Bonus: It's pretty enough to leave out on the counter all day long. (World Market, $39.99)
2. Keep on giving. Purchase a coffee subscription for the newlyweds and they'll thank you every time that little package arrives at their door. (Stumptown, starting at $16/shipment)
3. Monogrammed Morning. Celebrate your new last name with every sip using these sturdy alphabet mugs. (Pottery Barn, $12 each)
4. Lift the Fog. Turn your everyday coffee break into a European cafe experience with this frosted glass coffee carafe. (Anthropologie, $78)
5. Auto-Brew. Get a jump-start with the Krups Savoy EC314 automatic coffee machine. It has all the bells and whistles you need for a convenient morning and it consistantly delivers a smooth, flavorful cup. (Macy's, $119.99)
6. Classic Copper. Copper's all the rage, so why not prepare your coffee with it too? (Copper coffee kit, Stumptown, $240)
7. Chill out. For the couple who likes their coffee on the cooler side, but not watered down, try a pair of take-along Zuko iced coffee makers. (Williams-Sonoma, $29.95 each)
8. Keep Warm. Slow drinkers will love these personalized warming coasters, which keep your coffee at the perfect temp for as long as it takes. An extended cord length enables use almost anywhere. (Target, $7.99)
9. Spill the beans. For maximum aroma and flavor, coffee connoisseurs know a good grinder is a must. Capresso's Infinity Black Conical Burr Grinder, with its commercial grade cutting technology, can break down beans with the best of them. (Bed Bath & Beyond, $99.99)
10. With foam. Concoct a rich, creamy latte like your favorite cafe with an electric milk frother. (World Market, $79.99)
11. Stir it up. Stir your sugar in style with these adorable polka-dot coffee spoons. (Anthropologie, $20)