Take a deep breath: boudoir photo shoots should not be a stressful experience, though it's understandable why they look intimidating. Instead, they should be sexy — whatever that means to you — and a time capsule of this special time. Here, with tips from wedding planner Faith O. Folayan of This Love Weddings and inspirational photos from Brio Art - Wedding & Boudoir Photography, maybe you can work up the courage to schedule a shoot of your own.
1. The Look Keep it simple, yet creative. If you’d rather stick to a t-shirt and boy shorts then go for it. Undecided on the perfect looks? No worries. Bring along three or more flattering outfits to the session, and your photographer will be there to help you choose items that work best. Don't forget about the shoes — they are an essential that do amazing things for an outfit!
2. Treat Yourself Use this shoot as an excuse to pamper yourself.
Get a bikini wax, shave those legs, put on some lashes and get a
manicure and pedicure. Not only is it fun, but it also gets you excited
and feel more ready for the shoot.
3. Glam Up Book a professional makeup artist and hair stylist. They
create just the right camera-ready look making you feel more confident
and beautiful. Many photographers work closely with a makeup artist and
hair stylist, so finding one shouldn’t be a challenge.
4. Trust Your Photographer Your photographer will make you feel comfortable,
relaxed and confident throughout your session. Photographers know how
to highlight your best features and avoid parts you’re not in favor of.
The more comfortable you are, the better your photos will turn out, so
let her direct and pose you.
5. Before You Go Eat a light snack (I always recommend fruit) before the shoot to give you an energy boost and wear
loose clothing before heading out the door to avoid lines on your skin
showing in photos.