Wedding Night Hotels in the Twin Cities
From a relaxing retreat to a racy rendezvous, whatever your wedding night style, there's a hotel for your every pleasure.
- Grand Hotel Minneapolis For the bride and groom with a wedding block at the Grand Hotel, certain rewards are available depending on the number of rooms your guests reserve. If they book 20 to 39 rooms, you and your hubby-to-be receive an upgrade to a suite. If they book 40 or more rooms, you’ll get a complimentary suite the night of the wedding. The hotel also offers a Romance Package for couples seeking luxurious wedding-night accommodations. It includes room-service breakfast for two, complimentary valet parking, champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries, turndown service with Godiva chocolates, and the morning newspaper and coffee delivered to the room. This package can be booked online and is available on weekends.
- Crowne Plaza Northstar Minneapolis Reserve your wedding room block at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Minneapolis and receive a complimentary guestroom for every 40 room-nights booked. Newlyweds are eligible to earn more than one free room, which you can give to parents or a member of the wedding party. If you hold your reception at the hotel, you’ll receive a complimentary suite the night of the wedding, champagne toast and upgraded centerpieces at your soirée.
- Embassy Suites At the Embassy Suites Bloomington, Embassy Suites Minneapolis and Embassy Suites St. Paul, couples holding their events at the hotel automatically receive an upgrade to a larger executive suite, along with special amenities like champagne. (All Embassy Suites guestrooms are suites with a living room and separate bedroom.) Your guests staying at the hotel can also partake in complimentary cocktails every night from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and made-to-order breakfast each morning. Even if you host your wedding festivities elsewhere, Embassy Suites offers an “e-events” booking process, where a bride and groom can set up and maintain their wedding block online.
- Grand View Lodge If you’re looking to get away without buying a plane ticket, the Grand View Lodge in Nisswa on Gull Lake welcomes wedding parties year-round. The historic main lodge, built in 1919, has been completely winterized and features recently remodeled guest rooms. Couples who hold their ceremony and reception on the property receive a complimentary stay on their wedding night. The resort also offers a two-night Romance Package, which includes accommodations in a suite, chilled champagne, a candlelight dinner and a gift from the on-site Glacial Waters Spa. (Learn more about Grand View Lodge here.)
- Graves 601 Hotel Couples who reserve their wedding room block at the Graves receive a complimentary guestroom for the night, along with champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries. The hotel also offers a First Night Package for newlyweds who hold their reception at the Graves. The package includes the concert suite on the Graves’ penthouse floor, with champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries on arrival. You can also feast on a late-night buffet for two, enjoy an in-suite couples’ massage, and linger over breakfast in bed for two the next morning. Included in the package is round-trip limousine service up to 25 miles to and from the hotel.
- Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington The Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington offers wedding couples and their guests easy access to room blocks. Reservations can be booked online 24/7 through a personalized group website. Any guest staying in a wedding block room can upgrade to the hotel’s Executive Level for $30 per night, which includes access to the Executive Lounge, where you’ll find complimentary cocktails and snacks each night and a continental breakfast in the morning. If you’re looking for luxury, check out the Hilton’s Romance Package, featuring champagne at check-in, chocolate-covered strawberries, breakfast for two through in-room dining or in the Olive Lounge, access to the hotel’s health club facilities, and a late check-out.
- Hotel Ivy Within the historic Ivy Tower in downtown Minneapolis is the upscale Hotel Ivy, which has partnered with Semple Mansion to offer the following services: For all weddings booked at the mansion with room blocks booked at the hotel, the bride and groom receive full access to the hotel’s Luxury Collection Concierge Service, evening turndown service, professional cleaning and return of the bridal gown, return of formalwear rentals, and gift shipping services (fees may apply). In addition, if your guests reserve 20 or more room-nights at the hotel, you’ll receive a complimentary bridal suite and additional room at the hotel for the gift opening, plus a one-year anniversary special-stay package. For 50 or more room-nights, the bride and groom receive all of the above plus lunch for the bridal party and dinner for four at the chef’s table at Porter & Frye. Separate services are available to couples who host their reception at the hotel rather than Semple Mansion.
- The Hotel Minneapolis A newbie to the downtown Minneapolis hotel scene is the Hotel Minneapolis, which opened last August. By hosting your room block here, you and your sweetie get a complimentary room upgrade. Newlyweds also get upgraded amenities, including such goodies as sparkling wine and strawberries.
- W Minneapolis – The Foshay The bride and groom who hold their wedding reception at the W receive a complimentary stay in the Fantastic Suite, with champagne and cupcakes to greet them at the end of a long day. But if you’re looking to book a wedding night unlike any other, don’t miss the Feel the Wuv Package. Your stay includes a Wonderful Room; Jimmyjane SPIN ME game, feather tickler and seduction sash; a box of Max Brenner chocolates; a bottle of bubbly; and a late 2 p.m. check-out.
- Westin Westin Edina Galleria, the newest Westin on the block, offers special wedding block room rates beginning at $99 per night. Your guests also receive complimentary parking at the hotel, and the bride and groom enjoy a room upgrade to a grand deluxe corner. The Westin Minneapolis will also provide a cozy place to rest your head post-wedding. This Westin has various Romance and Relaxation packages available with amenities including sparkling wine on arrival, breakfast in bed, a late checkout and more. If couples book their wedding block with the Westin they get a complimentary upgrade to a corner room (Westin Edina) or a suite (Westin Minneapolis). Depending on the number of rooms filled in the block, the bride and groom can receive a complimentary wedding-night stay in the suite.
Get more from Minnesota Bride! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.