Make Your Own Romantic Wedding Swing
by:Darien Parish with Home & Family
When it comes to your wedding, it's all in the details. You've got the linens picked out and the flowers ordered, so now it's time to start thinking about the fun projects - the one's that come together to tell the story of your big day. When this DIY wedding swing was sent our way the Hallmark channel's Home & Family, we immediately fell in love. A pretty additon to an elegant rustic wedding, it makes a Pinterest-perfect photo prop for you and your guests and can provide hours of entertainment for the kids. While there are some tools and a trip to the hardware store involved, it's nothing that can't be tackled in an afternoon. And the best part? It can all be done for around $50.
• 3⁄4 inch galvanized threaded pipe
• 45-degree elbow joints
• 1x12 piece of wood and U-clamp for the seat
• Grapevine wreath, twigs, greenery, real and silk flowers
1. Connect 8 pieces of 3/4th inch threaded pipe with 45 degree angle elbow joints, creating an octagon about 6 feet high
2. Attach a 1x12 inch plank of wood to the base of the octagon using 2 u-clamps, creating the seat of the swing
3. Hang on a sturdy beam or branch using two clove-hitch knots (directions found in video)
4. Once the swing is hung, decorate to your heart's desire using flowers, twigs, greenery and more!
Home & Family airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel.