Bridal Lingerie: Sweet Little Nothings
Highly mentionable unmentionables for the just-married set.
by:Text & styling by Sarah Baumann Rogers
The trousseau—an old French word for a set of clothes and linens the bride-to-be assembles to prepare for marriage—is an idea made new. Today’s trousseau is all about fun—an excuse to buy occasion-worthy outfits, honeymoon wear, and of course a whole new set of pretty lingerie. Allow us to make some suggestions.
From left to right:
1. Seriously soft and the perfect shade of “something blue,” this Eberjey slightly sheer lace camisole ($42) is both chic and comfortable. With the matching brief ($20, not pictured), you’ll want to wear it all the time. Available at Room No. 3.
2. A dainty cream lace Eberjey bralette ($57) gets a hint of whimsy courtesy of ruffled straps and a sweet little grosgrain bow. A matching ruffle thong ($48, not pictured) completes the ultra-feminine set. Available at Room No. 3.
3. Don’t forget to pack this in your honeymoon suitcase. With geometric nude lace, this sexy yet demure Cosabella bralette ($79) and brief ($38) set is perfect under beachy sundresses. Available at Flirt Boutique.
4. Finding garments that are wedding-night-worthy is no easy task. Sophisticated but not too serious, this dreamy Blush babydoll ($84) fits the bill with floral lace, keyhole back and subtle bow details. Available at Room No. 3.
5. What could be more luxurious than French lingerie? This pale pink Simone Perele set ($110 bra, $75 boyshort) features sheer tulle cups, floral embroidery and scalloped edging for the ultimate in flirty, romantic intimates. Available at Flirt Boutique.
Accessories, on mantel:
The boudoir should look and smell good, too. Mer-Sea & Co. Saltaire room perfume and candle ($18 and $33, available at Room No. 3) set the mood with a crisp, serene scent of sweet wood, citrus and jasmine. Terranova plumeria perfume ($20, available at Flirt Boutique) is spicy and sweet, perfect for dabbing on the pulse points for a subtle hint of fragrance.
Location: The Van Dusen Mansion. Treat your guests to an event to remember at this historic estate. Located in downtown Minneapolis, this breathtaking, enchanting property is ideal for weddings, special events and gatherings of any kind. For more information, contact event site director Jennifer Ernst-George at 612.871.2702, firstname.lastname@example.org.